riyada in arabic means "training" or "discipline". It was used by the arabs in relation to horse taming. Sufis refer to their discipline as "riyadat an-nafs": disciplining the soul / training the ego. Today, the word riyada has come to mean "sports". There is an Arabic proverb that says: "The purpose of sports (riyada) is not to win cups, but to discipline the soul". This blog is here to help me discipline my soul and train my body.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

This Blog is Moving!

As you can see, I have decided to breathe some life back into this blog, now that I have a lot of time for it. I have already written three new long posts (but only two appear here). That is because I have moved the blog to the following address:


http://riyada.hadithuna.com/


please visit there regularly, as insha'Allah I will update it frequently.

My next priority is creating a special page for all the Tariqa Muhammadiyya posts, including the newest one I just wrote about the view of the Tariqa Muhammadiyya shuyukh on smoking.

But I still start getting back to other topics of interest, not just focus on the tariqa muhammadiyya.

wassalam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home